The distinguished Panasonic brand has made several models of cordless phones that are highly acknowledged for their suitability and empirical nature to ease communication in both homes and offices. Using advanced technology, the brand has graced the market with phones that have prominent installed features to make your life manageable. The most significant characteristic is the call barring that allows you to block unwanted calls from fraudulent numbers, advertising companies, or people you have fallen out with, and you no longer want to communicate with.
After receiving a nuisance call or a robocall, you can hurriedly try to block the number to avoid such calls again and, in the process, unknowingly place another number in a blocklist when that wasn’t your intention. You can be infuriated if you can’t locate the manual to rectify this mistake. Relax! In this article, we are to establish how to unblock numbers on Panasonic cordless phones using straightforward steps.
Unblocking numbers in a Panasonic cordless phone can be done by two methods. The first method involves locating the list of blocked numbers by moving to the phone menu and scrolling down to find the option of blocked calls. Once you highlight the block list, press the enter key to access the block numbers. Scroll down to see the number you want to unblock in case there are numerous blocked numbers. Highlight the number and delete it from the list of blocked numbers.
Alternatively, you can press the menu button on your phone and then #, dial 217 in your keypad to access the blocked numbers. Scroll down to locate the number you want to unblock and press delete, then yes to affirm your decision. Then press exit.
How to unblock numbers on Panasonic Cordless Phone; Step-by-step Process
A Panasonic phone’s prominent feature is the call blocking feature, which is essential to end calls from fraudulent numbers, unwanted persons, or companies. But when you accidentally put a number in a blocklist when you never intended it to be blocked, you can follow the following steps to unblock the number.
Step 1. Locate the Blocked Calls
Locate the list of blocked calls on your phone. Move to the main phone menu and scroll down. You will find blocked calls as one of the options listed. Once you highlight the block list, press Enter key to access the list of blocked numbers.
Step 2. Find the number you want to unblock
If there are numerous blocked numbers, scroll down the list to locate the phone number you want to unblock.
Step 3. Delete the number from the blocked list
Highlight the phone number and delete it from the list of blocked numbers.
The alternative method of how to unblock numbers on Panasonic Cordless Phone
The Panasonic direct programming functionality can also aid in rectifying the situation where you accidentally place a number on a call block list and want to remedy the situation. The functionality ensures that the important calls are not blocked. The process involves the following;
- Push the menu button, then press the # key on your cordless Panasonic phone.
- To access your blocked numbers menu, enter 217 on the numeric phone keypad
- Scroll down to the number you intend to unblock from the list of blocked numbers by using the press down arrow on your keypad.
- Press delete to remove the number from the blocked call list. Select yes to confirm your decision on deleting the number.
- Press OK
- Press the Exit button to return to the home screen
The video below illustrates how to block and unblock calls on a Panasonic Cordless Phone
Step by Step Process on how to Delete Phone Numbers on a Cell Phone
Deleting a contact from your phonebook won’t stop the person from messaging or calling your number. Unless you block the number, the individual can still contact you as long as they have your number.
Deleting a single number in a phonebook
- Locate the desired number you want to delete in your phonebook
- Press the MENU button
- Push the upward arrow or the down arrow to select ERASE
- Press SELECT
- Press the down arrow or the upward arrow to select YES
- Then press select.
- Press exit button
Deleting all entries in a phonebook in a Panasonic Phone
When you decide to remove all the contacts in your phone, follow the following steps to achieve the desired results.
- Press the left arrow to select the phonebook
- Push the MENU button
- Press the up arrow or the down arrow button to choose Erase all
- Press select
- Press the upward arrow or the down arrow button to select all contact or the desired group
- Press SELECT
- Press the arrow up or down button to select yes
- Press OFF
How do I clear the memory on my Panasonic Phone?
The Panasonic cordless phone can only allow a certain number of entries in the phonebook and messages. When the maximum number of messages or the phonebook is reached, the phone may start to slow down in performance, an element that may compromise its efficiency. You will be prompted to clear the phone memory, and when you are not acquainted with the basic steps, this can be a significant challenge altogether.
The following steps outline how to clear the handset memory when it’s full;
- Press the CALL BLOCK button
- Press SELECT
- Press the upward arrow or the down arrow button to select blocked calls count
- To clear the block call counts, press CLEAR
- Press the arrow up or arrow down button to select YES
- Push the select button
- Press the EXIT button
How do you open a blocklist?
Suppose you want to block messages or calls from someone you do not wish to have in your phonebook contact anymore. Follow the following procedure to stop the nuisance numbers.
Save the number in your contacts
To block a number so that you don’t receive calls or messages, you first need to save the number in your phonebook. Then from the list, you can block the number you want in the phonebook.
Add the number you want to block to the blocklist
Access your phonebook where the contacts are, then press the MENU button and select block this contact option or add it to the blocklist.
Use a third-party application to manage the blocklist
There are numerous applications free or paid that allow you to control the Panasonic blocklist. Visit the Panasonic play store to download them; by typing blocklist numbers in the search bar, you will access the call blocker or call blocklist. If you are unsure how to safely download these applications on your Panasonic handset, you should contact a specialist.
How do you reset a Panasonic phone?
Resetting a malfunctioning phone will restore the factory setting and cause you to lose all stored information like messages and saved phone numbers.
- Slide the battery cover from the back of the Panasonic cordless phone.
- Raise the battery or the battery pack from the battery compartment
- Disconnect the power adapter from the base of the phone. The power adapter pulls out of the outlet on the back of the unit. Remove the phone line from the lowest part of the base.
- Leave the battery, phone line, and the power adapter disconnected for about 60 seconds
- Connect the phone line and power adapter back into the phone base.
- Put the battery pack into the battery compartment, then slide the battery cover over the case.
How do I take my Panasonic home phone off the silent mode?
The phone can be in silent mode when someone activates the silent mode, or in some instances it can happen by itself. The silent mode can also occur when the speaker is silent. The handset may not ring when someone calls your phone. To removing your handset in silent mode, you can change your phone ringer to default using the following steps.
- Pick up the handset and press the MENU button.
- Scroll using the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to display the desired setting. Since you are removing the phone in silent mode, select the OFF display.
- Press the SAVE soft key, which is the button beneath the display.
- Press the OFF button (to exit programming). The Zzz will go away on the display of the handset.
How do I check my voicemail on my Panasonic cordless phone?
To access a voicemail on a Panasonic phone, first, you must set up the voicemail. The voicemail service allows the caller to leave a message when you are unavailable.
Setting up voicemail
- Press the voicemail message or HOLD/MSG on the Panasonic handset
- Dial your default voicemail passcode and press #.
- The Panasonic service provides you with a default voicemail passcode in your welcome email. In case you don’t have your voicemail passcode, you can contact your service manager.
- Dial your new passcode and press #. Confirm the new passcode and press the # button.
- Record your first and last name, then press #
- Press 1 to access the voice messaging in the main menu.
- Follow the prompts to retrieve voicemail messages and record your greetings.
Retrieving voicemail message
The red indicator light on the cordless phone notifies you when you have a new voicemail. The message button will display the voicemail count.
Step 1. Pick up the phone and press the voicemail message or HOLD/ MSG
Step 2. Type in your voicemail passcode and then press #
Step 3. Follow the voice prompts to retrieve your voicemail message.
Frequently asked questions
Where is the delete button on a Panasonic phone?
The directions for deleting messages or contacts differ per Panasonic models. You can press the delete or erase button at the beginning, during, or after the messages or press the delete button on the phone system with the integrated answering machine twice to delete all messages.
Why does my Panasonic phone keep flashing?
Many Panasonic phones have an answering machine function that keeps track of the calls you receive on your landline when you are not around. The light on the base of the unit will flash when you receive a message. Other phones will display the number of messages you have received or will make a tone sound.
How do I stop my Panasonic phone from flashing?
To make your handset stop flashing, you have to listen to the received message. Press the play button on the base of the unit and listen to the voice messages. You can typically press the enveloped icon on your cordless phone. The system will first play the new message then followed by any saved message. The light on the base unit and the cordless phone will turn off once you’ve listened to all voicemails.
What is *82 on my phone?
The number *82 temporarily unblocks your number when your calls get temporarily rejected. Some phone providers or users can block private numbers; hence, you will bypass the filter using this code.
How can I tell if someone blocked my number without calling them?
Try sending a text of any kind to the person you suspect to have blocked your number. If you received a ‘Delivered’ notification below it, then you are not blocked. If you receive a notice that the message is not delivered or you get no notification at all, then there is a higher chance you are blocked.
How can I text someone who has blocked me?
When someone blocks you on their phone, you won’t get an alert when it happens. But you can still use iMessage to text your former contact, the message will send as usual, and you don’t get an error message. Still, they’ll never receive the text or any notification of a text received in their Messages app. The iMessage would attempt to send the text message, but it will be resent to you after a few minutes that it was not received.
You can purchase the best Panasonic Cordless Phones with answering machine models at Amazon.com. One of the most exemplary brands that the Panasonic brand has produced is PANASONIC Expandable Cordless Phone System with Link2Cell Bluetooth, Voice Assistant, Answering Machine and Call Blocking shown above. You can click the Amazon link below to purchase this wonderful unit for both home and office use.
Buy On Amazon
Many Panasonic cordless phones have an installed feature to block these unwanted calls from strange people, advertising companies, sales solicitors, or people you no longer want to talk to, making your life more manageable. By placing the number in the block list, you cannot receive calls from these numbers. People no longer have to disconnect their phones manually as the Panasonic phones automatically disconnect, and you’re not bothered with the phone ringing. But, when you accidentally put a number in a blocklist and never intended it to be so, you can rectify this situation by accessing the list of blocked numbers and removing the number from that list.
The procedural steps on how to unblock numbers on Panasonic Cordless Phone is crucial and I hope you get help from the article. Thank you!
Other Related Articles