With technological advancements, cordless phones are becoming less popular by the day. However, the role played by these devices in areas with inadequate network coverage and during emergencies makes them indispensable.
The esteemed VTech brand graces you with both reliability, convenience, and quality at pocket-friendly prices. That said, VTech cordless phones should be your handsets of choice for your home or office space. These phones are characterized by remarkable features such as improved sound quality, extended range, digital answering, and expandable systems.
This article entails some of the best VTech cordless phones and an insightful buyers’ guide to enable you to make an informed choice.
Best VTech Cordless Phone Reviews
VTech CS6719-2 Cordless Phone
This bargain comprises of two exemplary yet straightforward cordless phones. You can opt to expand the unit up to five handsets for utmost convenience, making the deal more captivating. The unit is also designed to accommodate conference calls with an external number. However, you are limited to a maximum of two handsets for conferencing.
The handset can also be adjusted depending on your preference. For instance, the device features a silent mode, which comes in handy whenever you wish to focus or eliminate distractions. The handset can be set up on a table or mounted to a wall and features a speed dial to save you time and effort.
The device is easy to operate even in the dark since it features both a backlit keypad and screen. You can also use it to communicate while going about your daily activities thanks to its speaker mode. To top it off, it features a phonebook directory that can store a maximum of 50 contacts and can dial up to ten previously contacted numbers.
- It offers good sound quality thanks to its DECT 6.0 technique
- Has a call waiting function
- Backlit keypad and screen
- It can be expanded to accommodate up to five handsets
- It features a silent mode
- Allows intercommunication between the handset and base unit
- Easy to set up
- It has a relatively low battery runtime
VTech IS8151-5 Super Long Range Cordless Phone
The VTech B086R819LS handset is the definition of convenience. The device boasts a remarkable range that exceeds 2000 feet, enabling you to communicate effectively even with your neighbours. Despite its long-range, it is resistant to interruptions due to its DECT 6.0 technology that enables it to filter noise and improve sound quality.
Consequently, you do not have to worry about robocalls or unwanted calls with this device, thanks to its caller ID announce feature. This feature identifies the caller, allowing you to answer or block the call via the smart call blocker button.
The handset can also be connected to your smartphone through its Bluetooth connectivity feature that enables you to pair up to four cell phones. It also features a digital answering system that can record voice messages for up to 22 minutes. The device can also work with Google Now, S Voice, and Siri.
- Includes five cordless phones
- Features a large screen and two backlit keypads
- Wall-mountable and has a belt clip for efficiency
- It has a super long range (2300 feet)
- Noise-filtering technique
- Expandable to 12 handsets
- None to mention
VTech DS6151 2-Line Expandable Cordless Phone
Just as the name suggests, the VTech B003CTI9FY handset can support two separate lines, making it ideal for busy spaces. The device also permits you to set a unique ringtone for each of the two lines. This aspect saves both time and money since it serves as a two-in-one handset.
The package includes four extra handsets but is expandable to a maximum of twelve handsets to reinforce its convenience. It also exhibits top-notch sound quality with minimal interference owing to its DECT 6.0 technique.
The unit features two backlit keypads, one on the phone jack and another on the base unit. It enables you to identify a caller before receiving a call and efficiently answer calls via its digital answering system. On the downside, the backlit keypad is only functional upon pressing one of the buttons.
- It features a substantial range of transmission
- Includes four extra handsets and is expandable to 12 handsets
- DECT 6.0 technology which enhances the sound quality
- It has a backlit keypad and display
- It features multiline operation
- Digital answering technique
- The keypad backlight only lights up when a button is pressed
VTech B07BZV9DST Cordless Phone
The VTech B07BZV9DST handset prides itself on the fact that it offers you convenience at an affordable price. The handset features a manageable weight of 1.9 pounds and is fitted with a belt clip to makes it easy to carry around.
The handset is designed with the DECT 6.0 technique that fosters satisfactory sound quality. Its call waiting feature also enables you to identify a caller before answering the phone. It features a digital answering system that enables it to record both the time and date of recorded messages. However, it features a recording capacity of thirteen minutes which is low compared to its counterparts.
It also supports dual line operation that further enhances its convenience. The package includes two cordless phones but is expandable to twelve handsets. These aspects make the unit suitable for office spaces.
- Expandable to twelve handsets
- Digital answering system
- Supports dual-line operation
- It features Caller Identification
- The handset’s phonebook can accommodate up to 50 contacts
- It has a backlit keypad and display
- It features a relatively low recording capacity (13 minutes)
VTech VS113-5 5 Handset Cordless Phone (B08GPJYY54)
Thanks to its compatibility with Google Now, Siri, and S Voice, the VTech B08GPJYY54 handset grants you the privilege of answering calls without having to move. The handset can be connected to your smartphone, allowing you to enjoy your cellular plan, which in turn saves you money.
The unit is expandable to five handsets and allows conferencing with an external line. It exhibits an extended range and a superior sound quality immune to interruptions due to the noise-filtering mechanism.
Its smart call blocker feature also enables it to deter spam calls and identify unknown callers. In this way, it enables you to avoid undesired calls. Your privacy is also guaranteed thanks to the presence of a mute button on the handset.
The handset also features a backlit keypad and a manageable weight of 3.8 pounds, and it can be set up on your wall for convenience.
- Full duplex speakerphone
- It features a smart call blocker
- It can be paired with your smartphone
- Compatible with Bluetooth-enabled headsets
- Phonebook capacity of up to 1000 contacts
- It has a backlit keypad
- Eliminates signal-dead zones
- Fosters privacy via its mute button
- The included instructions could be a bit complex
VTech B0784C8H7Y Cordless Phone
The VTech B0784C8H7Y cordless phone stands out because its display is characterized by enhanced clarity. The LCD is also large enough to enhance its efficiency further. The phone can be expanded to a maximum of twelve handsets for convenience.
The handset is also designed with the latest DECT 6.0 technology for perfect sound quality with minimal to no interference. Consequently, this technique enables the device to relay strong signals within a long-range.
It comprises a digital answering system that can record up to 13 minutes of voice messages. However, this recording capacity is relatively low compared to most of its counterparts. The unit’s phonebook directory can store a maximum of 50 contacts, which is an adequate capacity.
- Digital answering machine
- It comprises a backlit display
- Expandable system
- Adequate phonebook capacity
- Tolerable sound quality
- Large display with enhanced clarity
- The unit does not notify you of voicemail messages unless the mailbox is packed
VTech B00WHYS81A Cordless Phone
This unit exhibits outstanding performance for extended periods due to its eco mode power-conserving technique extending its battery runtime. The handset also gives you precise control as it features a quiet mode that can be activated by pressing a button to deter distractions.
The features that make up this unit make it ideal for home use. For instance, it comprises a fourteen-minute recording capacity that is enough to record your loved ones’ voice messages. It is also convenient for emergencies as it is designed with a speed dial feature that allows you to contact nine numbers at the touch of a button.
The device notifies you of any voice messages in the mailbox through an LED light. Its keypad and display are backlit for convenience in the dark. You can set up the handset on a table or mount it on a wall for easy access. It is also expandable to five handsets to further enhance its convenience.
- Extended battery runtime due to its eco-mode
- Nine-number speed dial system
- It can be used for conference calls
- It allows remote access
- Expandable to r handsets
- Caller Identification feature
- It does not include a headset jack
VTech CS6649 Corded/Cordless Phone System (B00839N5O8)
This bargain graces you with options to choose from as you can either use it as a corded or cordless phone. This feature makes the unit suitable for both home and office use. In addition to its corded/cordless feature, the phone is expandable to a maximum of five handsets.
The handset is also designed with DECT 6.0 technology to exhibit no interference and good sound quality. It is characterized by a digital answering system that can record up to 22 minutes of voice messages. The system also allows you to choose the voice messages you would like to listen to and those you prefer to delete.
Despite its optimized performance, the handset can operate for extended periods due to its eco-mode feature promoting power conservation. The unit also eliminates the need for backup batteries thanks to its unique line-power mode that enables the corded phone to use power from the telephone line. This aspect also comes in handy in case of a blackout.
- The handset allows multiple conferencing
- It features a quiet mode
- Digital answering system
- It has a backlit keypad
- Call waiting feature
- Its line-power mode feature enables the corded phone to be used even during a power outage.
- Lightweight (1.5 pounds)
- It can be used as both a cordless and corded phone
- Handset speakerphone
- It has a phonebook capacity of up to 50 contacts
- None to mention
Best VTech Cordless Phone Buyers’ Guide
Since VTech cordless phones are specifically designed with the user’s needs in mind, you can never go wrong with one. These handsets stand out from their counterparts due to their quality and pocket-friendly prices. The phones deliver optimized performance despite their compact sizes.
They feature remarkable sound quality because they are designed with the latest DECT 6.0 technology. Through this technique, the devices enable you to communicate with minimal to no interference at long ranges.
Due to these and more outstanding features, you could be spoilt for choice when selecting the best VTech cordless phone. However, some additional indispensable aspects make a specific Vtech handset worth sinking your money into. Here are the indispensable factors to consider when selecting the best Vtech cordless phone:
This factor is indispensable if in search of a suitable VTech cordless phone for a busy office space. In such cases, consider opting for VTech cordless phones that can be expanded to multiple handsets. The number of users should determine the number of handsets of your choice.
For instance, an ideal VTech cordless phone for several users should be expandable to a maximum of twelve handsets. Even better are VTech packages that include more than one handset for convenience.
This aspect is also important to consider for busy spaces. If you anticipate several calls, you should consider purchasing a VTech handset with a substantial recording capacity. The ideal VTech cordless phone for such cases has a recording capacity of up to 22 minutes.
However, for a user that anticipates fewer voicemail messages, handsets with a recording capacity of at least 13 minutes are ideal.
Range, in this case, could be standard, long, or super long. A standard range covers about 700 feet, while long and super long ranges cover 1000 and 2000 feet. For this reason, this factor largely depends on the distance between you and your callers.
If searching for a handset that enables you to communicate effectively with your next-door neighbor, one with a long-range is recommended. However, if your callers are at a considerable distance, a handset with a super long range is ideal.
This factor is often indispensable whenever you are choosing any cordless unit. Consider VTech cordless phones whose handsets have an extended battery runtime for convenience in case of a power outage. Eco-mode serves as a power conservation technique, thus extending the battery runtime of your cordless phone. Vtech handsets that feature eco-mode tend to have a longer battery runtime, which should be your go-to.
This is a prime factor to consider when choosing any phone. It would be best if you considered opting for handsets that are easy to use and allow you to adjust the settings based on your preference. User-friendliness, in this case, comprises the following:
- Table/Wall-mountable: Consider VTech cordless phones that can be set up both on a table and on a wall. In this way, you can choose whether to walk around with your handset or place it in a stationary position for easy access.
- Belt clip: If you prefer carrying your handset around, one fitted with a belt clip is recommended to ease portability.
- Speed dial: Emergencies are inevitable, and this is where a speed dial comes in. A speed dial enables you to contact specific phone numbers at the touch of a button instead of typing the entire contact. In this way, it saves your time and effort and is, therefore, a vital feature.
- Quiet mode: At times, everyone needs a break from the hustle and bustle of life. Consequently, we often detest disruptions when dealing with something that demands concentration. The quiet mode feature comes in handy in such cases by enabling you to avoid disruptions at the touch of a button.
- Backlight: This feature is essential, particularly in dimly lit areas. For this reason, handsets that have both a backlit keypad and display are ideal.
- Caller ID/Call waiting: This feature identifies an unknown caller before answering the call. In this way, you can decide whether or not to receive the call.
- Smart call blocker: Through this feature, you can block spam calls or unwanted calls by pressing a button.
- Smartphone syncing: Under this category, consider handsets that can be connected to your cell for convenience. In this way, you can control your handset by installing apps such as Siri and S Voice on your cell. This feature also saves you money as it allows you to use your cellular plan.
- Multiline operation: VTech handsets with a multiline operation are suitable for busy spaces. These handsets also save you money as they enable you to enjoy the benefits of two cordless phones in one.
In a nutshell, the best VTech cordless phone for you largely depends on the number of users of the handset, the distance between you and your callers, and how busy your space is. For instance, for many users, VTech packages that include more than one cordless phone and are expandable to twelve handsets are ideal.
The distance between you and your callers should determine the range of your handset of choice. VTech cordless phones with a range of 1000 feet are recommended. These aspects, plus other outstanding features that characterize VTech cordless phones, make these devices worth your investment.
Other related articles