An ochre-based mixture dated 100,000 years and stone used to grind ochre dated 70,000 years found in South Africa are the oldest evidence of paint. Today, the painting industry has greatly revolutionized, especially with technological advancements in the past decade.
You don’t have to use paint sprayers connected to a cord anymore. The cordless paint sprayer unit provides you with comfort, durability, versatile functionality, lightweight, and noteworthy performance. The fact that their tips are customizable, you have the freedom to choose the right-sized application for the job at hand, hence the versatility function.
Besides, the best cordless paint sprayer models are efficient and more precise than conventional sprayers. You minimize bounce back and overspray with these models since they use hydraulic pressure instead of pressurized air when applying paint.
Apart from executing household jobs such as painting the walls and applying stains and wood sealers, the units are perfect for car bodywork, repairing scratches and chips. The cordless paint sprayers make work easier, whether domestic or commercial. For instance, you can use the sprayers on an entire house exterior or use them to stain a bench.
However, the great products and inventions come with the untold laborious task of choosing the right appliance for your specific requirements. This article is here to save you from that hassle by compiling an infallible review of the best battery paint sprayer models to make your purchase choice more straightforward and informed.
Best Cordless Paint Sprayer 2023 Reviews
1.Wagner Spraytech Control Spray Max HVLP Paint or Stain Sprayer (0518080)
The Wagner Spraytech control sprayer bears HVLP initials in its title. How is this advantageous to you? It means that it uses the high volume, low-pressure technology to atomize materials into fine particles to provide a smooth finish.
The implementation of this technology, in turn, gives you the comfort of using it to prime, paint, and stain a variety of surfaces like cabinets, door trims, decks, furniture, as well as any other surface, including all wooden ones. Besides the high effectiveness on different surfaces, it is used with different types of products like latex paints and poly.
With this model, you will find a pressure control dial and a material flow adjuster to customize your paint flow and get a perfect and sleek finish every time. It is fitted with an adjustable air cup that lets you paint horizontal or vertical. The sprayer has a spraying range of 0.5” to 12” wide with optimum control. Its connection with a 20ft long hosepipe helps you reach your working area and reduce hand fatigue, adding to its convenience and comfort of use.
- It has an AC/DC connection with a voltage of 110V.
- It is washable
- It works with a vast array of materials and is made for prowess.
- Befits multifarious projects.
- Incorporated the peerless high volume, low-pressure technology.
- It is a bit heavy (20 pounds)
Buy On Amazon
2.Graco Magnum X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer (262800)
The Graco Magnum X5 is another cordless stain sprayer unit that stands out in efficacy and adjustability. It features a performance rating of .27 gal/min. The model bears a stainless steel piston pump that allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure through a flexible suction tube directly from a 1 or 5-gallon paint gallon.
It can support up to 75ft of hose pipe, granting you a significant range to work with to save you the bother of having to frequently move it. It is fitted with a RAC IV Switch Tip allows you to reverse the tip when it has clogged, and then you can resume spraying.
Such a unit needs proper care. This tool has a garden power flush adapter connected to a hosepipe for fast and easy cleaning. Similar to the Wagner Spraytech control spray max, it has a voltage of 110V. It has a recommended use limit of up to 125 gallons per year, giving DIY home enthusiasts and handymen incredible painting experiences.
- Easy to handle and use even for first-time users as it even comes with a simple manual to guide them.
- It can accommodate a long hose pipe to let you work with a wide area.
- It is relatively lightweight (15 pounds), promoting portability.
- Swift and intuitive to clean.
- Idyllic for numerous projects courtesy of the 75 ft long paint hose it supports.
- Ensures consistent spraying even when clogged.
- The tool is covered with a warranty of one year.
- It is quite expensive
Buy On Amazon
3.Wagner Spraytech FLEXiO 590 Handheld HVLP Paint Sprayer (0529010)
The FLEXiO 590 cordless fan is ideal for a variety of projects, including furniture, walls, ceilings, fences, cabinet, and more. It comes with two nozzles; the iSpray nozzle for the larger and coarse jobs and the Detail Finish nozzle for light-duty projects and putting on the final touches.
The HVLP technology is incorporated in this unit, which, together with an X-Boost turbine, empowers you to spray unthinned intrinsic and extrinsic paint and stains.
The sprayer is very flexible with an X-Boost power dial, which has 10 speed 5settings that let you adjust paint flow and get total control. When it comes to talks about efficiency and work rate, this sprayer means business. It covers an 8’ by 10’ surface in a minute for stain and 5 minutes for latex paints. This tool boasts of the capability of spraying up to 8 gallons of paint per hour.
- It is easy to use reinforced with a quick cleaning up process (5 minutes).
- Comfortable to use-it is 50% quieter and 20% lighter than traditional airless versions.
- Inclusive of dual nozzles for different applications.
- Provides 10-speed adjustment settings of content flow via the X-Boost Power button.
- Bears an X-turbine to provide massive power, full coverage, and low overspray.
- Executes painting jobs deftly and speedily, creating little mess.
- Made to suit both large and small paint jobs.
- It can use a variety of materials, including 2-in-1 paints and primers.
- It has a small capacity to carry weight.
Buy On Amazon
4.Graco Magnum X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer (262805)
The Magnum X7 is the larger sprayer of the two X series. It is ingeniously fitted on a cart with long legs and wheels for the convenience of moving it around the job. This sprayer has its performance rating at 31gal/min attributed to the high-performance motor it uses. It also covers more area with a tip size of 0.017.
This Graco Magnum X7 lets you spray directly from the paint bucket with the fitted suction tube that is incredibly flexible to allow you to spray from a 1 or 5-gallon bucket. It also can accommodate a 100ft hose pipe. This way, you can spray on a large area extending even to second and third storeyed buildings.
In the event that this tool gets blocked, you will just use the RAC IV Switch Tip that enables tip reversal, and then you just resume spraying. Achieve swift and effortless clean-up by linking a garden hose to the Power Flush Adapter. SoftSpray technology adopted in devising the True Airless Spray Tip enhances control while still minimizing overspray.
- It is ideal for spraying multi-story homes.
- Guaranteed consistent spraying with the RAC IV Switch Tip.
- Adopted SoftSpray technology for control and minimize overspray.
- Ease of moving it around.
- Allows spraying from a paint bucket directly.
- Equipped with a phenomenal motor granting it with an exemplary performance rating.
- Allows for swift and effortless clean-up.
- Characterized by spraying paint unthinned through a piston pump that is stainless steel and sprays at high pressure.
- It is quite bulky for one-time use.
Buy On Amazon
5.Graco Ultra Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M363
Without any incertitude, this comes forth as a very distinctive sprayer. It derives energy to get it running from two DeWalt 20V lithium-ion batteries fitted at the bottom of the handle. Alternatively, you can use an included Triax Triple Piston Pump, which has ProConnect letting you enjoy a continuous and powerful performance.
The power from batteries is so reliable that it produces a pressure of 2000psi from the pump and can spray up to 1 gallon per charge. Still, despite having all these fascinating components, it manages to weigh only 11.3 pounds making it excellently portable.
Like all ultra airless handheld sprayers, it is designed specifically for small interior, exterior, and special projects. It is outstandingly designed for precision at any speed with less overpaint.
The sprayer comes with a Reverse-a-Clean X FFLP tip that is compatible with all Airless Sprayers of the Graco brand. Pro control II lets you adjust the motor to the desired speed and smart control that regulates advanced pressure.
It has a very simple but eye-catching design. The handle edges are detailed with a slight backward lean giving you enough space between your hand and the paint container. The simplicity of its design makes it fully repairable for more prolonged use.
- It is very light, weighing only 11.3 pounds and pretty maneuverable.
- Allows for full repair for extended life.
- Inclusive of 2 DEWALT Li-ion batteries and the charger in the purchase deal.
- Features a FlexLiner bag mechanism allowing you to work in any orientation.
- Using it is very easy. You just put paint in the container and start working with no sophisticated procedures
- Requires frequent charging of the battery.
Buy On Amazon
6.Graco TC Pro Cordless Airless Paint Sprayer
The Graco TC is a model that marvels at accuracy. It sources its power from a potent DeWalt’s 20V MAX XR Li-ion battery. The incorporated a spectacular SmartTip technology offers a superlative finish with less pressure, enables you to spray without thinning, and in any direction, even when inverted.
The sprayer has a Triax triple piston pump made of carbide, providing you with impressive durability. You can set the pressure anywhere within a range of 0 to 2000psi with the Pro control II to control the speed and reduce overspray. No thinning is required for your paint or stain, achieving a sleek outcome and also contributing to spraying control at whatever speed.
TC Pro tips bring out the accuracy concept distinctively by delivering an exquisite finish with a marked cut line of precision. It has splendid lining with stylish and efficient tips. The TC Pro reversible spray tip enables you to reset the flow rate and direction.
It is an optimal tool for touchup projects and light-duty jobs requiring ultimate portability. You can depend on this sprayer to stay up and running for a significant duration while delivering the versatility and high-quality finish you demand. It is considered for its speed and ease of moving around on the job site.
- Has a lightweight (10.29 pounds) to promote portability.
- It is easy to assemble, handle, and use.
- Utilizes a DeWalt’s 20V MAX XR Li-ion battery and unit’s charger included in the purchase deal.
- Allows pressure setting.
- Integrates mechanisms for speed control
- Adopted SmartTip technology for impeccable outcomes.
- It doesn’t have a flush tube, so it is quite hard to clean.
Buy On Amazon
7.Graco Ultra Max Cordless Airless Handheld Paint Sprayer 17M367
This is yet another marvel of Graco’s paint sprayers. The most fascinating detail about this specific tool is its weight. It is constructed from plastic material and weighs less than a pound, making it super convenient to bring it with you. It is easily assembled, making it fully repairable.
It uses two DeWalt XR lithium-ion batteries for power and grants the unit with pressure ranging up to 2000 psi. It features a Triax Triple piston pump with a ProConnect for easy adjustments. It uses RAC X FFLP spray tips made for pure precision to reduce overspray.
With its lightweight and cordless nature, it is perfect for quick remote jobs. Also, it can be used for water, solvent, and flammable based material without thinning. It is delivered already assembled and inclusive of all you require to get spraying. It, however, comes with a small amount of test material from the manufacturer, which you should flush out before use.
- Delivered with two DEWALT 20V Max Compact Li-ion batteries and a charger.
- Suitable for many light-duty jobs turning them around quickly.
- Delivers a sleek airless finish.
- It provides exceptional portability on the job.
- Ease of use- it is ready to spray in seconds.
- The lid on the container is ware part and needs replacement.
Buy On Amazon
8.P620 ONE+ 18V Speed Paint Sprayer 18 Volt Bare Unit
The P620 paint sprayer stands out for its shorter length compared to most other sprayers. It is not limited to any brand of paint and sprays without thinning. The circular tip allows you to adjust the spray patterns to either vertical, horizontal, or round to meet your demands on different surfaces.
It is powered by the top-rating one+ 18V battery Ryobi batteries to provide it with extraordinary power for any job. Don’t worry about spillages as the quick-lock 1-litre container it is fitted with helps you avoid just that. An integrated noise reduction pump helps the unit run quietly, providing you with a surreal environment.
This cordless unit makes it quick and effortless to execute paint projects. Contributing to its portability is its weight of only 5.5 pounds, making it convenient to move around with. The design of its handle makes it comfortable to use, providing enough room for you to clasp.
- The grip of the tool has an over-mould technology to improve comfort.
- It is light, weighing only 5.5 pounds, making it portable.
- Outstanding handle design providing room for clasping.
- Operates silently.
- Has a circular tip to enable you to set spray patterns.
- It comes in handy for small paint jobs and finishing touches.
- The batteries are sold separately
Buy On Amazon
9.Graco 16N657 TrueCoat Pro II Cordless Paint Sprayer
The TrueCoat Pro II is a stunning sprayer powered by 20V Lithium-ion batteries eliminating the need and hassle for cables promoting ultimate portability. The included batteries have a battery life lasting 2.4 hours. You don’t need to alter paint in order to use it with this unit as it sprays paint directly as it is received from the manufacturer.
This tool also lets you adjust the pressure for an even and consistent spray to achieve a superb finish. It bears a Tilt-N-Spray suction tube, which allows you to smoothly spray in a full range movement without losing prime. The TrueCoat Pro II gives it the ability to replace all the parts with simple, modular components for life extension.
It weighs 12.1 pounds and has an amperage capacity of 25 Amps. You can reliably employ it on a wide variety of coatings from stains to heavy latex and acrylics. Its excellence in handling makes it apt for serious DIY enthusiasts, handymen, remodelling contractors, and professional painters.
- Sprays the material as it is from the manufacturer.
- Features a Tilt-N-Spray suction tube.
- Uses 20V Lithium-ion batteries that promote portability.
- It can be employed to spray numerous coatings.
- Allows for pressure adjustment.
- Supports the use of spraying materials in their direct state from the manufacturer.
- The tool is covered with a warranty of one year.
- Does not work with flammable material.
Buy On Amazon
10.Ryobi P630 One+ 18V Cordless Power Paint Sprayer
The RYOBI P630 is a piece of handholdable paint sprayer that you can thoroughly count on to maneuver remote surfaces you want to paint. It is fitted with a quick-lock container that brilliantly locks to avoid spillages. You can use the onboard hook to conveniently store the implement.
It supports up to three spray patterns to optimize control over spraying on different surfaces by allowing you to spray vertically, in a round motion, or horizontally. It boasts of having the cordless advantage meaning that you can employ this unit on all kinds of paint projects.
It is connected to a flexible tube, making it easier to pick up paint from any angle. It also has an ergonomically crafted handle that is comfortable when using and allows you to use the tool at any angle. You can use up to 5.5 gallons per hour with the sprayer. It is powered by 18V Ryobi batteries.
- Has the cordless advantage enabling you to maneuver remote spaces.
- Fitted with a quick-lock container that helps to avoid spillages.
- Bears an onboard hook to facilitate storage.
- Supports up to three spray patterns.
- It has a dependable output rate.
- It is light, weighing only 7.1 pounds, promoting portability.
- The charger and batteries are bought separately.
Buy On Amazon
Best Cordless Paint Sprayer 2022 Buyers’ Guide
Painting is done for various reasons like to conceal markings and stains, to offer protection on the exterior and interior surfaces to promote longevity, enhance the appeal of an object or home, and as a cleanliness strategy to keep dust off a surface, among other reasons.
Using conventional rollers or brushes to paint can be quite laborious and time-consuming. A cordless paint sprayer can be referred to as a ne plus ultra in the paint jobs sector. Not only will you get that paint job done fast but also impeccably and effortlessly.
Narrowing down to a specific tool from the various best cordless paint sprayer can be a daunting task. You unmistakably want to get a hold of a sprayer that will meet what you expected. Below are some factors for consideration to help you do away with the uncertainty by providing you with what to look for.
The first thing you should consider is the compatibility of the sprayer to the type of paint you intend to use. Paint can be water-based, flammable, acrylic, or any other material. Some units support the use of all materials, therefore not limiting you to a specific paint material.
Others support the use of some materials while excluding the use of others. Therefore, it is vital to consider a unit’s compatibility with various materials as it influences the material you are going to purchase.
Type of paint sprayer
Although the featured products are all paint sprayers, different types of paint sprayers suit differently for various situations. These types include;
- Airless paint sprayer – utilize a load of pressure in atomizing paint and renowned for speed and appropriate for large volumes of work.
- HVLP paint sprayer- As the name suggests (HVLP High Volume Low Pressure), it works by reducing pressure to produce immense volumes. However, it is not characterized by speed or handling heavy-duty tasks.
They might work perfectly for specific tasks, but due to their functional differences, you should consider the paint sprayer type that will be suitable for your intended projects.
It goes without saying that you should always find value for your money. You have to consider whether the sprayer you want to purchase is worth buying at its price. You should also consider whether the type of work you need it for is worth a paint sprayer.
Pressure adjustment feature
The pressure of paint sprayers is expressed in PSI. Pressure dictates the speed at which paint exits the unit’s nozzle. High speed means that you may spray more than you bargained for and result in overspray.
To combat such errors, many top-notch paint sprayers include a pressure adjustment mechanism in order to let you set a pressure that matches the project at hand. The mechanism may be in the form of a dial, a piston, or button and also contribute to granting you control.
Power option weighs as a critical factor because paint sprayers being mechanical tools, they need a source of power to derive energy to run from. The power option also branches to various elements like battery usage, battery inclusiveness, and alternative power sources.
You ought to check if a unit uses batteries. Most top-drawer tools utilize one or two rechargeable Li-ion batteries falling between a voltage range of 18V and 20V. Also, take into consideration if batteries and charger are included in the delivery package to avoid incurring unexpected cash.
Some noteworthy models support alternative means of powering them up. For instance, some units allow AC connection and utilize a voltage of 110V. Whatever the power source, considering its reliability to ensure maximal performance is of utmost importance.
Paint Sprayer Accessories
You should not forget the accessories and their necessity in ensuring the accurate, magnificent, and sleek outcome is achieved. They include conditioners and protectants, extensions, filters, hoses, protective gear, and tips. These are some of the most essential accessories you should pay attention to and whether they are included when buying.
In addition, these are some concerns that also provide a basis for consideration;
- The size of the surface you will be painting and make sure the pressure is enough
- Whether the sprayer is replaceable and if it is, the cost for maintenance and reparation.
- The level of expertise required to use a specific sprayer.
- Whether you will require a cart for heavy sprayer carrying.
- Whether it is easily disassembled for easier cleaning.
The video below shows how you can use the best cordless paint sprayer in your room
Cordless paint sprayers remain to be sui generis tools for expert contractors, remodelers, DIY enthusiasts, and paint experts when it comes to painting jobs. Characterized by speed and reduced labor to avoid weariness, you can rely on the best cordless paint sprayer for impeccable painting outcomes.
However, despite their beneficial impacts, you will want to know how you use them as they can introduce paint into your system, which may consist of toxic components and therefore have an adverse effect on your health. It is recommendable to employ them in capacious spaces.
The featured battery powered stain sprayer models unequivocally scoop all the marks for flexibility, versatility, and portability. They can be a big boost in time management and, subsequently, higher revenue. With the information above, I hope you will stand guided and get to make an educated and motivated purchase decision.