Working on metal or metallic material is a very arduous operation. As much as physical forte is a crucial requisite when working on metal, it does not consummately guarantee that you will get the metal-related task done. The mere thought of cutting through metal with your hands or your favorite saw is preposterous, right?
Considering how hard and adamantine metallic materials are, what if you discovered there is a panacea for making metal-related task execution a doddle? Cordless angle grinders are your way out of that onerous metal-related task that has been a hassle.
A cordless angle grinder is a hand-holdable battery-powered tool that is employed in cutting, grinding and doing touch-ups on a metallic material. The comprehensive review below features the best cordless angle grinder that you can choose from with an attached buyers’ guide to explicitly steer you into making an informed purchase decision.
Best Cordless Angle Grinder Reviews
1.BOSCH GWS 18V-45 18V 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
The BOSCH angle grinder features a top of the line motor evincing its supreme performance. The motor adopts the four-brush model that gears the unit to have an RPM (Rotations Per Minute) of 10,000 without a load. How ideal is this? With such incredible disc spin, you are assured that cutting through dense metal will be a breeze.
The handling of this tool is admirable. This is because of the handle fitted on its side for vibration control that has double positioning. The handle enhances the tool’s maneuverability and makes task execution less fatiguing while still granting you control over the tool steering security.
The permanence of this unit is highly guaranteed through the cleverly incorporated Electronic Motor shielding system and the BOSCH’S Electronic Cell Protection technology that jointly make the tool two times more long-lasting. Weighing only 5 pounds, you don’t have to doubt its portability.
- Has a top of the line four-brush modelled motor granting it motor permanence.
- Able to spin to a range of 10,000 rpm.
- Equipped with a side handle for vibration control.
- The handle is flexible for movement to the left or right side.
- Has a logical weight of 5 pounds, enhancing portability.
- Backed up by a mighty Li-ion 18V battery power.
- Utilizes a CoolPack technology that assists in keeping batteries cool.
- Features a swift tool-less switching mechanism.
- Fitted with a wheel guard that is resilient to bursting.
- Devised with a reboot shield that prevents unanticipated and dangerous start-up.
- Delivers accurate and smooth cuts and grinding results.
- The battery and charger are not included in the purchase package.
2.RYOBI P421 4 ½ inch Angle Grinder
The RYOBI implement is as well equally competitive and particularly distinguished in the context of flexible handling. This is accentuated by the capability of the side handle to move in, not two but three distinct positions. It also has a 90 degrees rotary grasp that is cemented by a trigger corroborating the distinguished handling.
Supplementing the handling feature is a rubberized indented grip within reach of the trigger to give you thorough control even when working with oily hands. Included in the purchase package is a very significant type 27 wheel used for grinding to help you kick off your home projects.
This unit is impressively congruous with One+ Li-ion batteries and NiCad batteries of the RYOBI brand ushering in a cost-effective concept. The integrated pin wrench and the spanner attachment allow you to effortlessly change the installed disc in a case where it gets worn or needs switching to another type of disc.
- Has an onboard side handle movable in three positions.
- Has a 90 degrees rotary grasp.
- Features a rubberized indented grip.
- Has a type 27 wheel for grinding in the purchase package.
- Compatible with some batteries of the RYOBI brand.
- Has an integrated pin wrench and spanner for easy disc changing.
- It is ready for usage once out of the delivery box.
- It is sold separately with the battery and the charger.
3.HITACHI G18DSLP4 4-1/2 Angle Grinder
It is important to note that the HITACHI brand changed its name to METABO HPT but retained the same top-notch power tools, including the angle grinder. The projects this unit is capable of executing are awe-inspiring. For instance, it is able to abrase concrete and grooved stone, among other hardy materials.
You will be fascinated by the tool’s compatibility with all 18V slide-type Li-ion batteries of the HITACHI brand. How advantageous would it be for you if you had another set of compatible fully charged batteries in stand-by in case the ones in use die? As if that’s not enough, you are granted a lifetime worth warranty upon purchase.
The handle is brilliantly covered with elastomer for an enhanced, comfortable grip. It is geared by a super potent motor that makes the appliance a perfect fit for challenging projects. It has also adopted an exhilarating shutdown mechanism for motor protection in case of the occurrence of an overloading condition. The mechanism is an Overcurrent shielding circuit.
- Able to execute awe-inspiring projects.
- It is compatible with all 18V slide-type Li-ion batteries of the HITACHI brand.
- Encompasses a lifetime worth warranty.
- The handle is covered with elastomers.
- It is geared by a super potent motor.
- Has adopted an outstanding Overcurrent shielding circuit.
- Has a preventive null voltage safety reset system.
- Currently not in market supply.
- Does not include a battery in the purchase package.
4.RYOBI P423 Grinder and Metal Cutter
If you are looking for a tool with a marvellous disc changing and setting mechanism, look no further because the RYOBI P423 definite tool you are looking for. It is engineered with an onboard spanner that is latched on the unit when being stored. This way, incidences of misplacing it are narrowed to null.
The fact that the spanner is fitted as an onboard tool makes it easily accessible for use during disc replacements. You are graced with a dial that enables you to easily modify the angle or depth of cuts in relation to the material. The clenching handle is rubberized, augmenting how you maneuver with the tool even with slippery hands.
However tight a working space would be, maneuvering your way through is rest assured through the fitted side handle that is capable of moving in three different positions. This contrivance is congruous with 18V battery models like P100, P103, P102, P107, P108 and P105 of the RYOBI line.
- Has an onboard latched spanner.
- Has an integrated dial for modification of cuts.
- Rubberized clenching handle for comfortable handling.
- The side handle is able to adjust to three positions.
- The tool is congruous with some batteries of the RYOBI line.
- The stalwart motor graces the tool with an extensive 10,400 RPM.
- The battery is not included in the purchase package.
5.MILWAUKEE Electric Tool GIDDS2-2473523 M18 18V GRINDER
The MILWAUKEE Grinder is engineered with an exceptional Powerstate Brushless Motor for optimal performance even through the densest metallic material. You can feasibly use the unit on heavy-duty tasks without any strain.
You will handle this unit with a lot of ease affirmed by a thinly built body to enhance your grip by enabling you to clench the tool around its entire circumference. To switch accessories such as the guard, this device allows you to implement the switch through a tool-less system that makes the switching pretty effective and fast.
Motor life is highly regarded, and bearing the aim of increasing motor longevity, an overburden shielding system has been put in place to ensure motor permanence. It is inclusive of a dependable battery pack in the purchase package.
- Has an exceptional Powerstate Brushless motor.
- Has a thinly built body to aggrandize handling.
- Implement accessory switches through a tool-less change system.
- Adopts an overburden shielding system for motor life longevity.
- The battery is included in the purchase package.
- It is not inclusive of a grinding wheel.
- It is relatively more massive weighing about 14.87 pounds.
6.SKIL 20V 4-1/2 Inch Angle Grinder
The SKIL cordless grinder is an embodiment of power. To begin with, it is inclusive of a staunch 2.0AH PWRCore 20 lithium battery pack and a 20V charger in its purchase package. So, there is no need to incur extra costs. Among other regular uses, this unit is capable of sharpening objects.
The power system has a creative temperature regulation framework that plays a pivotal role in keeping the battery cool throughout an operation. This, in return, reinforces the battery life and runtime by intensifying either. Besides, this tool boasts of fast battery recharge capability, which helps in saving time.
The side handle is designed in a magnificent way that allows you to adjust it in three different positions to enable you to approach a task with the most suitable angle. It is fitted with a lock-on button with two functions; a lock-on function for consistent tool usage and avoidance of unanticipated start-up.
- Inclusive of a staunch battery pack and charger.
- Able to sharpen and sand objects, among other of its multifarious tasks.
- Utilizes a creative temperature regulation framework.
- Incredible battery life and runtime.
- Has a fast battery recharge capability (takes only 5 minutes)
- Has a side handle that is adjustable in three different positions.
- Fitted with a lock on button with two functions.
- Has a tool-less accessory replacement.
- Engineered with a phenomenal motor that grants it spins up to 8500rpm.
- Features a soft start property for safety and is fitted with a storage haft.
- The tool is covered with a warranty of 5 years.
- The battery pack is slightly expensive.
7.MILWAUKEE 2780-21 M18 FUEL
This 2780-21 grinder model of the MILWAUKEE line possesses hallmarks of spectacular upgrades. One of the enhancements is its unrivalled power. The power it provides in-application matches with that of a corded grinder. Backed up with such immense power, you are assured of executing any type of task presented your way.
The other upgrade is the metallic housing and gear component mechanism. This concept of upgrade has been borrowed from top-ranking corded grinders and implemented as an upgraded style on this unit. The implemented REDLITHIUM technology on the XC 5.0 battery has boosted the runtime and battery life remarkably.
REDLINK PLUS Intelligence graces the tool with properties that make it second to none. Such properties include overburden protection, exemplary performance and electronic grasping. It is built with a thin body to perfectly fit in your hand. The accessory and guard replacement is intuitive and uses a tool-less methodology.
- Possesses immense power matching that of corded grinders.
- Has a metallic housing promoting durability.
- Powerful XC 5.0 battery that grants the unit with four times more run time.
- Implements a REDLINK PLUS Intelligence that impacts tremendous benefits.
- Built with a thin body for idyllic handling.
- Has a tool-less accessory replacement and guard adjustment system.
- Has a Powerstate Brushless motor.
- The implement is delivered in a portable case.
- The grinding wheel is purchased on its own.
8.MAKITA XAG04T Cut-Off/Angle Grinder
The MAKITA cordless grinder has created waves in the market sector with its unexampled variable speed switching technology. This feature is automated therefore operates independently to regulate torsion and speed in order to match the application in execution.
In cases of immediate halting of the wheel, this tool has an Active Feedback-sensing Technology (aft) that is set to swing into action to immediately shut down the motor. The motor is another laudable built structure. It contains the BL Brushless property that plays a significant role in carbon brushes obliteration for a cooling effect and extended motor life.
The motor is monitored electronically to hone the usage of battery power extending the runtime with about 50 percent on a single charge. The motor is ingeniously designed to utilize energy that is proportional to the application and adjusts energy usage as applications change.
- Features unexampled variable speed switching technology.
- Has also adopted a commendatory technology for motor shut down in case of wheel stoppage.
- Incredibly performing motor with BL Brushless property.
- Grand motor that obliterates carbon brushes achieving a cooling effect.
- Compatible with other slide-style 18V Li-ion batteries of the MAKITA line.
- Features a soft start-up property for safety.
- Has a rubberized handle to boost tool handling.
- The product is slightly expensive.
9.METABO 18V 4-1/2inch Angle Grinder
You definitely know of the automotive of German origin and the narrative of how eminent and acclaimed they are. This is verifiable through the contrivances they produce, and in this case, the tool of interest is the METABO cordless angle grinder.
This unit is constructed in Germany. That on itself is a selling point. The engineering of this tool encompasses a scope of automated, manual and hybrid programmes.
The unit bears a circuit for shielding the unit against crashing. It is also fitted with an air filter and air cooler in a bid to achieve a cooling effect on the batteries for extended battery life.
- It is constructed in Germany
- Its framework consists of a scope of automated, manual and hybrid programmes
- Bears a circuit meant for shielding the unit against crashing.
- Fitted with an air filter/ air cooler to bring a cooling effect.
- Has incredible runtime and robust for heavy-duty operations.
- Slightly heavier weighing about 12.8 pounds.
- Not in abundant supply in the market.
10.MAKITA XAG12PT1 Angle Grinder Kit
The MAKITA XAG12PT1 is a mind-bending tool that utilizes double 18V LXT Li-ion batteries. You can guesstimate the power provided by two batteries. Such power makes the toughest sanding or grinding tasks a piece of cake for you.
This unit is characterized by an especial braking system that is electric capable of halting the wheel in a matter of seconds (4.5 seconds or less), granting you ultimate control over the tool. The variable speed switch dial technology is present for speed adjustment.
Another singular feature is the electric torsion monitor, which acts by shutting down the motor if the wheel stops. The motor has adopted the BL Brushless mechanism that aids in the removal of carbon brushes to achieve a cooling effect that is conducive for extended motor life.
- Utilizes double 18V LXT Li-ion batteries for immense power.
- Has an especial braking system effective in a matter of seconds.
- Fitted with a variable speed switch dial technology.
- Features an electric torsion monitor.
- Its motor has adopted the BL Brushless mechanism.
- Has a disc rotary speed of up to 7,800 RPM.
- The tool, charger and battery are covered with a warranty period of up to 3 years.
- The back paddle trigger lock-on button is absent.
11.BOSCH GWS18V-45PSCB14 Angle Grinder kit
The BOSCH cordless tool has raised the stakes by incorporating the connectivity of Bluetooth mode. You get to enjoy a BOSCH toolbox app on your phone that is free. You get to connect the BOSCH GCY30-4 module of the tool with your phone via Bluetooth, where you can easily modify prevailing settings and give feedback.
The tool has an EC Brushless motor that provides the tool with momentous runtime and power sourcing the power from a solid Next-gen CORE18V battery pack, which is an upgrade from gen 6.0 Ah battery, which had 80% less power. It is impressively portable with a weight of 4.4 pounds.
There is an integrated congenial user-interface that features a speed regulator for speed adjustment in accordance with the application. The interface also features an indicator for the battery status and a tool response. It is devised with advanced elements like drop control and soft start system.
- Incorporates Bluetooth connectivity.
- Has an EC Brushless Motor for excellent runtime.
- Backed up by a solid Next-gen CORE18V battery pack.
- Portable with a weight of 4.4 pounds.
- Has a speed regulator and a battery status indicator.
- Has a drop control interface that turns the tool down if it is dropped.
- Devised with spectacularly advanced electronics like kickback control and soft start system, among others.
- The warranty of three years only covers the tool only.
- The paddle lock-on button is absent.
Best Cordless Angle Grinder Buyer’s Guide
Angle grinders, also referred to as disc grinders or side grinders, can be termed as sui generis instruments among handheld power tools. With their splendid capability of operating on metal, they are evincing to be the best suit for DIYers, plumbers, artisans, and electricians among other related experts.
They are ideal tools to execute fabrication of tasks pertaining to metallic material like grinding, sanding, polishing and cutting metal. However, in an application, these tools are prone to potential safety hazards like:
- Bursting of the disc.
- Kickback from binding on an object.
- Accidental start-ups.
- Bursting of the guard.
The few listed risks seldomly occur, but that does not entirely rule out the chance of occurring. You acquainting yourself with such risks raises the need for an inquisition on factors to look for in a tool to make sure it is idyllic for usage. Some of those factors are elucidated below.
Accessory changing methodology
Cordless angle grinders require accessories or attachments for effective and comprehensive performance. Examples of these accessories include a guard, a grinding wheel and a cut-off wheel.
The wheel or disc demands you to switch it depending on the application in progress. The guard is of dire essence as it plays the significant role of deflecting debris and sparks emitted when the tool is in operation. It also shields you from the risk of injury in the event that the rapidly spinning wheel slips and goes flying.
It is, therefore, very critical to hold high consideration of the methods a tool has put in place to make accessories changes. Most dominant products improvise a tool-free methodology, which is highly remarkable. Others have spanners on board for a quick and effective accessory switch. A tool with either method should be considered.
You definitely want a tool that has set well-defined programs to ensure optimum handling and safety of the tool and user. These programs or properties offer critical components for scrutinization in your appliance of interest.
Examples of such components to tout for include: drop control property that will result in the immediate turning down of the tool in the event that it falls off, a kickback control property that abates the danger that would be posed by the tool unexpectedly jamming on an object.
Another feature contributing to user-friendliness is the soft start property that enables the tool to smoothly start-up and gradually gain speed to give room for preparation. Rubberized grips and thin bodies are other features that chip in on user-friendliness by augmenting the handling of the tool for amplified maneuverability. Thus, when you want to choose the best cordless angle grinder for your applications, the user-friendliness is an impromptus element of consideration.
Battery and motor
All featured implements are cordless, meaning that they source their power from batteries. Considering how metal fabrication tasks are severe, then the source of power for the tool executing those tasks should correspondingly be monumental.
For that reason, battery power expressed in terms of voltage should be thoroughly taken into consideration. Tools backed up with a rechargeable Li-ion battery pack with a voltage ranging between 18V and 20V is considered appropriate. You will find that some brands provide double Li-ion for tool usage. You ought to consider yourself lucky.
You should also check whether the battery cell and charger are included in the purchase package or whether they are sold separately. This prepares you financially for extra costs. You should research more in-depth to find out whether your tool of interest is compatible with other batteries other than its own because that would be a huge advantage for you.
The motor is the other paramount inbuilt structure in all featured cordless grinders that is responsible for bringing about a spinning action of the wheel/disc, which now is implemented to execute metal cuts, sharpening, grinding, among other tasks.
Therefore, the design of this motor structure is pertinent. It is the structure that grants the wheel/disc the spin speed expressed in RPM (rotations per minute). Tools characterized by RPMs ranging between 7,000 rpm and 11,000 rpm are considered absolutely reliable.
The motor, in conjunction with battery power, is responsible for a tool’s runtime: the time a cordless appliance can run seamlessly per charge. High ranking grinders have adopted technologies that have served as game-changers by intensively extending the runtime and motor life.
Such motor technologies include Powerstate Brushless motor technology, Bl Brushless technology and EC Brushless motor technology, among others. A tool with such and related motor technologies ought to be highly considered, as it means that you will be graced with an incredible runtime to ensure you execute a considerable amount of work.
The disc’s size is one of the primary considerations that you must make before buying the best cordless angle grinder. A model with a large disc size will need a more powerful motor and vice-versa. It implies that the size of the disc is also depended on how powerful your model’s motor is. Thus, based on your grinding or cutting work, you need to buy a grinder with the right disc size for convenience and efficiency.
Also, you must consider the precision at which you want your work done. A good example is when your project involves a grinding job that requires more precision. In such a case, you will consider a model with a disc size of the pneumatic grinder.
Moreover, it is essential to realize that the discs come in different sizes that range between 4.5 to 9 inches and thus, the type of project of your application will determine the disc size you choose for your model.
The video below gives some measures and ways to operate a cordless angle grinder
Cordless angle grinders have widely become the resort instrument in the metal fabrication field. They are handy tools in polishing, cutting, sanding and grinding metallic objects. Other units even raised the bar and demonstrated practicability on materials like concrete and grooved stone.
The tools have an outstanding detail is the side handle that is incorporated in their bodies. In some brands, the side handle is adjustable in two different positions, while in others, it is adjustable in three different positions to increase maneuverability. The essence of the side handle is to accord you control over the tool. When choosing the best cordless angle grinder, you must consider these vital features as they help with the convenience and the efficiency of doing work.
You can employ this magnificent tool effectively on home improvement tasks like removing loose paint or grout, tile cutting and elimination of rust, among other home projects. I hope perusal through this article will help you make a guided purchase decision.
Other Related Articles